Former Hibs star Garry O’Connor is looking to win a move to Morton, Zlatan Ibrahimovic talk is a compliment says Lennon but move a “long way off” and Egyptian Mahmoud Hassan keen on Celtic move.
Morton consider move for Garry O’Connor
Kenny Shiels is considering a move for ex-Hibs and Scotland striker Garry O’Connor as he bids to move Morton from the foot of the Championship table.
O’Connor has not had a club for five months since being freed by Russian side Tom Tomsk. He is currently training with the Cappielow side. (Express)
Ibrahimovic talk a compliment - Lennon
Neil Lennon says reports linking Swedish star Zlatan Ibrahimovic shows how much of a reputation his players have built in recent seasons.
He said of the story: “I think that’s a long way off yet. It’s a nice compliment for the club, though, and it just shows the reputation we have built over the years. That’s testament to the players’ performances over the last couple of seasons - the supporters as well and what they bring to Celtic Park on European nights. (Sun)
Hassan keen on Celtic move
Egyptian Mahmoud Hassan, who is compared to Trezeguet in his home country, has handed in a transfer request in a bid to force a move through to the Parkhead club. Celtic are understood to have had a £420,000 bid rejected from 19 year-old. (Record)
• Neil Lennon is also linked today with a move for Huddersfield midfielder Oliver Norwood (Evening Times)
• The Celtic boss also reaffirmed his position yesterday that the club needs an influx of players if it is to build a squad capable of competing in next season’s Champions League (Various)
Celtic not getting credit they deserve - Lennon
The Parkhead side finished 2013 unbeaten in this campaign leading to Celtic manager Neil Lennon to claim his side are not getting the credit they deserve.
The Irishman said Celtic are expected “roll teams over” when yesterdays’ hard-fought 1 - 0 victory over Inverness proved that was not the case. (Scotsman)
Lierse move to ditch Tony Watt
The Belgian side have brought in striker Mbaye Diagne from Juventus on loan following reports that the Celtic frontman is unsure of whether he will return to Belgium following the Christmas break. Watt has had a number of run-ins with Lierse coach Stanley Menzo. (Record)
• Gary Locked believes his side’s 1-1 draw with St Mirren has set them up for the new year Edinburgh derby against Hibs
• St Mirren are hopeful of extending the short-term deal of keeper Marian Kello
• Inverness midfielder Ross Draper has apologised for pushing over referee Crawford Allan