Rumour Mill: Bournemouth eye Charlie Mulgrew | Ciftci

Share this article
256
Have your say

BOURNEMOUTH linked with Celtic’s Charlie Mulgrew; Nadir Cifti insists he is happy at Dundee United; Kevin McBride exits Dundee; plus more football news and gossip

Charlie Mulgrew a target for Bournemouth

Celtic's Charlie Mulgrew at pre-season training at Lennoxtown training ground. Picture: John Devlin

Celtic's Charlie Mulgrew at pre-season training at Lennoxtown training ground. Picture: John Devlin

BOURNEMOUTH boss Eddie Howe is eyeing up a move for Charlie Mulgrew as he builds his first team for the English Premiership.

Hoops star Mulgrew is reportedly on Howe’s list of targets, with reports that the manager had been tracking the player before his side won promotion to the top flight.

The 29-year-old midfielder has a year left on his contract at Parkhead. He is currently out of action with a knee injury. (The Scottish Sun)

Nadir Ciftci happy to stay at Tannadice

Despite being linked to a possible move to Parkhead this summer, Turkish striker Nadir Ciftci has reportedly insisted he is happy with his position at Dundee United.

With transfer speculation rife, Ciftci has affirmed he has his eye fixed firmly on a Europa League spot for the Tangerines.

He said: “I’m here right now and I have one more year left. I’m happy to stay if that’s what happens.

“I’m not looking at anything else this summer. The only thing I’ll be looking forward to is coming back for pre-season.” (Evening Telegraph)

Stefan Johansen looks to break 60

With just three games left of the season and 58 appearances in the bag, Celtic’s Stefan Johansen is pushing boss Ronny Deila to give him a shot at cracking the 60 mark.

Friendlies, Premiership, League Cup, Scottish Cup, Champions League qualifiers and Europa League matches have brought the 24-year-old Norwegian tantalisingly close to the landmark figure.

He has reportedly asked Deila to keep him in the line-ups for the remaining ties with Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Inverness Caley Thistle and not to rest him up. (Evening Times)

Kenny Miller: No excuses if Rangers lose at Palmerston

A loss at Queen of the South on Saturday would be unacceptable, says Rangers striker Kenny Miller as they face the first leg of their play off campaign in Dumfries.

Rangers have lost their last two encounters with Queen of the South on the artificial pitch at Palmerston but Miller has reportedly called time on the squad’s losing streak and wants the Ibrox outfit to stop the rot.

He said: “‘We want to go there and win the game and it would be great to take some kind of lead back to Ibrox.

“It’s important to remember what they’ve done to us in the two games and make sure it doesn’t happen again.” (Daily Mail)

Kevin McBride leaves Dundee

Kevin McBride has left Dundee by ‘mutual consent’.

The ex-Hibs midfielder, 33, made 72 appearances since joining the club in 2012 but has only made seven starts this season.

McBride’s decision to leave comes in the wake of new signings ahead of next season by manager Paul Hartley, who has strengthened his squad with Aberdeen midfielder Nicky Low amongst others.

NEWS IN BRIEF

• Scott Allan believes Hibs are leaving for La Manga safe in the knowledge they are favourites to return to the SPFL Premiership.

• Hearts have stepped up their efforts to secure Queen of the South striker Gavin Reilly.

• Montrose gaffer Paul Hegarty has been named Manager of the Month for April in the Scottish League Two despite facing a relegation play-off .

Back to the top of the page