Celtic tipped to make Gary Hooper approach, Parkhead to be transformed with ‘fan zone’ and Hibs face play-off decider against Kilmarnock.
Celtic in hunt for big name striker
Celtic manager Neil Lennon says he will hold talks with chidf executive Peter Lawwell over funds for a striker that will bolster the club’s Champions League chances.
Lennon also refused to rule out a move for former Parkhead striker Gary Hooper who is likely to come on the market following Norwich City’s relegation. (Record)
Celtic plan match-day experience boost for fans
Celtic representatives will travel to Manchester City’s match against Aston Villa to study their pre and post match entertainment put on around the stadium as they look to give fans a similar offering next season.
City’s ‘BT City Square’ puts on music for fans and serves food up to 15 minutes before kick off.
Celtic want to open a fan zone next season behind the Jock Stein stand which would sell alcohol and hold 3,000 supporters. (Sun)
Hibs face final day shoot out against Kilmarnock
Hibs will face Kilmarnock on Saturday at Easter Road in a last ditch bid to avoid a relegation play-off.
Terry Butcher’s side suffered a 1 - 0 loss to Ross County last night which leaves them in 9th spot in the table. (Scotsman)
Shiels quits Morton
Morton manager Kenny Shiels has announced his resignation following a 10 - 2 loss to Hamilton at the weekend.
The Cappielow side finished bottom of the Championship and will play in League One next season. (Scotsman)
Andy Little leaves Rangers
Rangers have released striker Andy Little after 8 years at the club following the expiration of his contract.
There were unconfirmed reports that Ross Perry and Chris Hegarty will also be released. (Scotsman)
Rangers hit out at King and Gough
Rangers have released a strongly-worded statement criticising the “twisted logic” of Dave King and Richard Gough following the setting up a fund for Rangers fans to divert season ticket money into. (Scotsman)
• Imran Ahmad has lost his bid to have over £600,000 of the club’s assets frozen over concerns about its financial stability
• Barry Ferguson won’t get the Blackpool manager’s job on a full time basis despite keeping them in the Championship. Blackpool’s form has been less than impressive under the Scot and with Ferguson also out of contract as a player he is likely to move on
• Bilel Mohsni is set to be called up to Tunisia for their pre-African World Cup friendlies against South Korea and Belgium
• Amido Balde is set to switch nationalities from Portugal to Guinea-Bissau after being called up for the African Nations Cup
• Dundee United are close to signing Rangers midfielder Charlie Telfer, 18, for a fee of around £50k
• Airdrie have approached Albion Rovers over a potential ground-share of the Coatbridge club’s Cliftonhill home .
Airdrie consider the rent at the 10,000 seater Excelsior Stadium to be excessive.
• Celtic’s Emilio Izaguirre and Rangers’ Arnold Peralta have been called up to the Honduras World Cup squad