DCSIMG

Striker Nicky Clark admits Rangers move hope

Nicky Clark with his PFA Scotland Second Division Player of the Year award. Picture: SNS

Nicky Clark with his PFA Scotland Second Division Player of the Year award. Picture: SNS

QUEEN of the South striker Nicky Clark has admitted that a move to Rangers would be difficult to turn down as talks between his representatives and the club began.

• Nicky Clark admits Rangers move would be hard to turn down

• Striker’s deal with Queen of the South expires in summer

Clark, whose 41 goals have propelled the Doonhamers to the Second Division title, said that Rangers had already held discussions with his father, former Ibrox player Sandy.

Rangers’ current transfer embargo means that they are unable to register players until September 1, and are only able to sign free transfers.

But Clark’s current deal with Queen of the South expires in the summer, and the PFA Second Division Player of the Year says that he is eager to sign a deal with “the best club in Scotland”.

“Ally McCoist has come out and said there is interest there and he has spoken to my dad. I haven’t spoken to him yet, but we will see what happens over the next few weeks. Hopefully something can get done.”

The 21-year-old added: “Rangers are the best club in Scotland in my eyes. I would find it hard to say no to them.

“There are a few down south interested, so I need to weigh up my options and see what happens.

“If Rangers say they want to sign you then you can’t get much better than that.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page