GB GROUP, which specialises in software used to verify the identity of customers, recently delivered full-year results ahead of expectations.
The company said it was seeing the benefit of a number of acquisitions made over the last 12 months, with revenues up by almost one-third.
Chief executive Richard Law said the company, which works with customers including William Hill and ScottishPower, aimed to continue its organic growth this year, improve margins, complete the integration of its acquisitions and enter new overseas markets.
“I believe we have created an opportunity of real value and we will endeavour to exploit this opportunity at a good rate of progress,” he said.
Shares in the company are already up more than 70 per cent over the past 12 months, but Law appears to believe they still represent good value.
Last week he purchased 150,344 shares at 65.92p each to take his holding up to 1.8 million.
David Wilson, group finance director, also purchased 81,966 shares at a similar price and now holds 194,466 shares.
• Matthew Riley, chief executive of Lancashire-based telecoms group Daisy, has bought 12,500 shares at 90p each. He now holds more than 61.43 million shares in the company, 23 per cent of its market capital.
• Keith Daley, chairman of the technology group Elektron, has acquired 250,000 ordinary shares in Elektron at 17p each. He now holds 13.67 million shares. Last week the company said it expects to meet market expectations for the full year.
• Geoffrey Webb, chief financial officer at film and television group Content Media Corporation, has bought 900,000 ordinary shares at 0.7 pence each. He now holds 2.5 million shares in the group.
• Laurence Blackall, a non-executive director of investment group Oakley Capital, has purchased 200,000 shares at 118p each, his first stake in the company.
• Martin Morgan, chief executive of publishing and exhibitions group the Daily Mail and General Trust, has spent heavily to increase his stake in the company. He bought 50,000 shares at 391.89p each.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Edinburgh
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North