PRINCESS EUGENIE and Princess Beatrice may have been targets of phone hacking - according to reports.
The News of the World phone-hacking scandal could have affected thousands of people, it has been claimed.
VICTIMS of the News of the World phone-hacking scandal yesterday indicated they would continue taking legal action against News International, despite the firm setting aside a multi-million compensation fund for them.
On the day that the publishers of the News of the World announced that the use of dodgy journalistic practices was more widespread than they previously admitted, media observers expressed concern about the way the revelation had been handled.
FORGET about any issue of criminality. The claims on the News of the World's pot of money are related to a civil matter.
8 August 2006 - Detectives arrest the News of the World royal editor Clive Goodman and private investigator Glenn Mulcaire over allegations that they hacked into the mobile phones of members of the royal household.
THE publishers of the News of the World have tried to draw a line under the phone-hacking scandal by issuing an apology and admitting its journalists had tapped into the voicemails of eight public figures.
Former Cabinet member Nick Brown has become the latest senior politician to claim that his telephone had been tapped.
The head of news at the News of the World has been sacked, with Scotland Yard launching a fresh investigation into claims of phone-tapping at the paper, it was announced today.
Among the less well-known splits between Tony Blair and Gordon Brown was their attitude towards mobile phones.
Former prime minister Gordon Brown has asked the Metropolitan Police to investigate if his phone was hacked during his time in office.
Labour deputy leader Harriet Harman on Sunday renewed calls for police to investigate allegations of phone-hacking amid reports that Gordon Brown may have been among the victims.
A FORMER News of the World reporter was interviewed last night by police over claims that Andy Coulson had asked him to hack into phones when the current Conservative communications chief was editor of the paper.
THE Commons Home Affairs Select Committee has said it will launch a new inquiry into phone tapping allegations.
Allegations over phone-hacking at the News of the World are being "recycled" by Labour in the hope of embarrassing David Cameron and his communications chief Andy Coulson, a Cabinet minister said yesterday.
FORMER deputy prime minister John Prescott has opened a legal bid to obtain any evidence that his phones were hacked into by tabloid reporters.