THREE brothers aged 15, seven and five have died after fire broke out in their grandparents’ home in northern Greece.
The blaze started from a wood-burning stove and quickly engulfed the house, causing the roof to collapse on the two younger boys.
Their 15-year-old brother tried to rescue them but died of smoke inhalation, said firefighters who attended the scene early yesterday.
The children’s grandparents, their parents and their three other siblings escaped. The father suffered slight burns.
The couple and their children were spending the weekend at the house in Mesoropi, 80 miles east of Thessaloniki.