DCSIMG

Woman saved from house after fire

Firefighters raced to the property in Newton Street. Picture: Andrew Stuart

Firefighters raced to the property in Newton Street. Picture: Andrew Stuart

A WOMAN has been rescued from a house in Gorgie after a fire broke out in her kitchen.

The 48-year-old suffered smoke inhalation but did not attend hospital for treatment.

Fire crews rushed to the property in Newton Street at 5.50am on Sunday morning.

It is not yet know how the fire started. Firefighters from Tollcross and Sighthill attend the blaze using a hose reel to extinguish the flames.

Crews returned to the depot around one hour later.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

UNMISSABLE SHOWS.
UNMISSABLE COVERAGE.
MAKE THE MOST OF THE FESTIVAL
(BEFORE YOU MISS IT)

#WOWFEST

In partnership with

Complete coverage of the festivals. Guides. Reviews. Listings. Offers

Lets Go!

No Thanks