Family in fresh boat fume alert

Share this article
0
Have your say

A WOMAN and two children were taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning from the same lake where a mother and daughter died last week in similar circumstances.

It is believed the family became ill on Lake Windermere in Cumbria after leaving their boat engine running with the canopy closed. They had borrowed the boat from a friend.

The family managed to raise the alarm themselves by calling police who then contacted the coastguard at about 7:30pm on Saturday.

All three were later discharged after precautionary checks.