TWO people were given oxygen after a fire in a four-storey tenement in Morningside today.
Fire crews were called to the second-floor flat in Gillespie Crescent just after 5am. A 66-year-old man and 62-year-old woman were given oxygen for the effects of smoke, but did not go to hospital.
Firefighters also used a turntable ladder to reassure six occupants in the flat above as they huddled at the window for fresh air.
Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service said the fire had been started by discarded smoking materials.