Two rescued from Liberton flat fire

The fire happened on Robert Burns Drive. Picture: Google
The fire happened on Robert Burns Drive. Picture: Google
Share this article
1
Have your say

TWO people had to be rescued from a blaze in a top floor flat.

Firefighters with breathing masks helped a man and a woman to safety and tackled the kitchen fire at Robert Burns Drive in Liberton.

The woman was given oxygen for smoke inhalation and was taken to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary but the man did not require treatment.

Crews from Liberton, Tollcross and Newcraighall Road were scrambled to the flat at around 7.20pm on Saturday, using a high pressure hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

A spokeswoman from the fire service said the blaze had been caused by a pan of food which had caught fire and that the damage had been confined to the kitchen area.