Two receive oxygen at Meadowbank fire

Share this article
0
Have your say

A YOUNG man and a teenage woman were treated for smoke inhalation after a shower caught fire in a six-storey block of flats.

The 20-year-old man and 18-year-old woman needed oxygen after the blaze in Lyne Street shortly after 10.15am yesterday.

Firefighters raced to the sixth-floor flat in the Meadowbank area to find that the fire had been already contained by the two occupants.

Two firefighters proceeded to vent the flat and both the man and woman received treatment at the scene but neither needed to go to hospital.

A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: “Two occupants – an 18-year-old female and a 20-year-old male – had isolated the power supply prior to our arrival.

“Fortunately they did not require any additional treatment.”