Two led to safety from Edinburgh flat fire

The fire service sent three engines and one height appliance to the scene. Picture: John Devlin
The fire service sent three engines and one height appliance to the scene. Picture: John Devlin
Share this article
0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS have led two men to safety after a blaze broke out in a kitchen.

Crews were called to a flat in Brunswick Road, Edinburgh, shortly before 1am after a neighbour reported smoke coming from underneath a door.

FOLLOW US

Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Subscribe to our DAILY NEWSLETTER (requires registration)

SCOTSMAN TABLET AND MOBILE APPS

iPhone | iPad | Android | Kindle

The fire service sent three engines and one height appliance to the scene, where firefighters using breathing equipment got into the property.

They helped the two men, aged 50 and 22, to safety and the incident was over within 20 minutes.

The men, who were suffering from smoke inhalation, were assessed by a paramedic but did not go to hospital, a service spokesman confirmed.