Five hurt as fires break out in city
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a number of fires across the city over the weekend which left five people suffering from smoke inhalation.
A fire broke out on the second floor of a common stair on Mount Lodge Place, Portobello just before 1am yesterday.
It is believed to have been started by a discarded cigarette which set fire to recycling bins in the common stair.
A three-year-old girl, a 31-year-old woman and a 16-year-old boy received oxygen after suffering smoke inhalation.
A small fire also broke out in an oven in a ground floor flat of a tenement building on Buchanan Street in Leith at around 2.30am on Saturday.
The fire was extinguished prior to the fire service’s arrival, with a 23-year-old man suffering slight smoke inhalation. He declined hospital treatment.
A few hours later a 22-year-old woman was treated for slight smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a pan of food in the living/kitchen area of a first floor flat on Albion Road.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Edinburgh
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 3 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east