DCSIMG

Two taken to hospital after Blackhall blaze

TWO men have been taken to hospital after being rescued from a house fire in Blackhall.

Fire crews were called out to the blaze at Gardiner Road at about 6pm on Saturday.

The blaze was sparked by a fault with the building’s gas fire.

A 52-year-old man and a 14-year-old teenager were taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary for precautionary checks.

Small tools and a high pressure hose were used to extinguish the blaze.

A 48-year-old man also had to be taken to ERI for treatment after suffering burns to his hands and chest in a shed fire yesterday.

Firefighters were called to the scene at Kirk Brae in Innerwick, near Dunbar, East Lothian, shortly after noon.

The blaze started in a shed containing gas cylinders before spreading to the kitchen and bedroom at the rear of the semi-detached property.

No-one else was injured.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

EDINBURGH
FESTIVALS
2014

#WOWFEST

In partnership with

Complete coverage of the festivals. Guides. Reviews. Listings. Offers

Let's Go!

No Thanks