DCSIMG

Smoke alarm warning after family hurt in blaze are taken to hospital

A FAMILY of three were taken to hospital after a blaze broke out in their home.

The fire started in the ground-floor kitchen of the house in Wilson Wynd, Dalry, North Ayrshire, at about 1:20am yesterday. A woman, man and teenage boy were taken to Crosshouse Hospital in Kilmarnock as a precaution for smoke inhalation.

The woman was given oxygen at the scene.

A spokesperson for Strathclyde Fire & Rescue said: “This incident is a stark reminder of fire being a threat to every community in the west of Scotland. Thankfully, we are not talking about a tragedy.

“It is absolutely vital that every home has a working smoke alarm on each level of the property.”

Fire service officials urged residents to look out for neighbours who may be at risk of a fire in the home.

The spokesperson added: “We know most people look out for someone in their community, but many have never thought about contacting the fire service.

“Firefighters are not interested in looking through cupboards. We just want to make sure people are living in a fire-safe home.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page