DCSIMG

Man in hospital after Cowgate hostel blaze

Fire fighters rushed to the hostel after receiving an emergency call at around 4.20am

Fire fighters rushed to the hostel after receiving an emergency call at around 4.20am

A MAN has been treated in hospital after a blaze in a backpackers hostel in the Cowgate earlier this morning.

Fire fighters rushed to the hostel after receiving an emergency call at around 4.20am.

They said a 23-year-old male was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary and treated for hand burns sustained during the fire, which broke out in a cupboard in a second-floor flat.

They added that the fire had been extinguished prior to their arrival.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news