AN INVESTIGATION has been launched into the death of a 99-year-old woman in a care home, police have said.
The resident of Wellgreen House, Stirling, suffered burns injuries in a fire after lighting a cigarette in the home’s smoking room on Wednesday. She was taken to hospital but later died.
The home is run by Stirling Council and a spokeswoman for the local authority said: “Council health and safety staff, police and staff from the Health and Safety Executive have been involved to review all aspects of the incident.”
Police say the death is not suspicious. A report has been submitted to the procurator-fiscal.