A FIRE which broke out in a pub and ripped through a block of flats has left 24 people homeless, a council has said.
Seven fire crews were scrambled to The George on Causeyside Street in Paisley, Renfrewshire, at 3:30am yesterday. No-one was injured but the flats above are said to have been seriously damaged.
Residents have been evacuated, and Renfrewshire Council said the majority have been found temporary accommodation, with two families making their own arrangements.
The local authority said: “Building standards officers from the council and surveyors from the owner’s insurance company will decide if the building needs to be demolished.”