If you plan to take part, get your nominations in – they close on Thursday
SCOTLAND’S top law firms have just four days left to finalise their nominations for the nation’s annual celebration of legal talent at the Scott + Co Scottish Legal Awards 2015.
There are 18 categories in this year’s programme, covering the breadth of the profession, with a rallying call for examples of best work in 2014 to come forward.
There are three new categories including Training Provider of the Year, Public Sector Law Team and Employer of the Year.
Returning favourites including the Litigation Team of the Year sponsored by Tilney Bestinvest, the Employment Team of the Year sponsored by Badenoch & Clark, In house Legal Team of the Year sponsored by Barbri International, the hotly contended DX Firm of the Year, and of course the Lifetime Achievement award, sponsored by The Scotsman.
Reviewing the submissions this year will be a 12-strong judging panel of representatives from the world of business, law and academia, chaired by Lorna Jack, chief executive of the Law Society of Scotland.
How to enter
For the first time this year you can enter the awards online at www.thelegalawards.com and here you can also download an entry guide for further guidelines.
It is free to enter, but you are kindly requested to include a voluntary donation to It’s Good 2 Give, the awards charity partner.
Tips to help you stand out from the competition
• Criteria: check that your entry ticks all the boxes in terms of answering the criteria in each category you are entering.
• Effort: keep your writing simple and concise. Include information which tells the story of your team or individual. A strong opening paragraph will help grab the attention of judges.
• Presentation: the look and feel of your entry is important and judges will recognise effort in preparation.
• Third party opinion: back up your entry with named client, supplier or staff testimonials, and don’t forget to include industry credentials.
• Strategic thinking: include your business strategy and show how your individual or team has contributed to the firm’s results as a whole.
• Take time: triple check your submission and supporting information. Make sure to proof-read your statements. Grammatical errors and spelling mistakes on submitted entries detract from the quality of the nomination.
The deadline for entries is Thursday, 27 November, 2014, with finalists scheduled to be announced on Monday 5 January 2015.
The awards take place on Thursday, 26 March, 2015 at the Edinburgh Assembly Rooms and following a sell-out event this year, early booking is recommended by visiting the following web page: www.kdmedia.co.uk/legalawards/book/
FULL LIST OF CATEGORIES
Badenoch & Clark Employment Team of the Year
Wolffe Community Contribution Award
Family Law Team of the Year
Tilney Bestinvest Litigation Team of the Year
Paralegal of the Year (In House and Firm)
Private Client Team of the Year
Pro Bono Award
National Association of Estate Agents Residential Property Team of the Year
Law Society of Scotland Rising Star of the Year
Specialist Lawyer of the Year
Support Team of the Year
Public Sector Law Team
Barbri International In House Legal Team of the Year
Employer of the Year
Barr Printers Training Provider of the Year
The Scotsman Lifetime Achievement Award
Bank of Scotland Chairman/Managing Partner of the Year
DX Firm of the Year