Labrador rescues pensioner from choking to death

Share this article
0
Have your say

A PENSIONER who nearly choked to death on a pickled onion was rescued by his dog.

Alan Spencer, 67, was tucking into his dinner when the skin on the pickled vegetable blocked his windpipe.

Alan Spencer with his dog Lexi, who saved his life by jumping on his back when he passed out after choking on a pickled onion. Picture: SWNS

Alan Spencer with his dog Lexi, who saved his life by jumping on his back when he passed out after choking on a pickled onion. Picture: SWNS

He frantically tried to clear his airway and after around three tortuous minutes he made his way to the door in a bid to get help from a passer-by.

But he collapsed in his hallway and said he felt his “life slipping away” as he began to black out - much to the horror of his frantic Labradors Lexi and Nancy.

But 18-month-old Lexi leaped into action and jumped with all fours onto the centre of Alan’s back and the trapped vegetable shot out of his mouth.

The retired performer from Withernsea in East Yorkshire said he wouldn’t be here without his adorable dog.

FOLLOW US

Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Subscribe to our DAILY NEWSLETTER (requires registration)

SCOTSMAN TABLET AND MOBILE APPS

iPhone | iPad | Android | Kindle