A MAN has been treated for smoke inhalation after a food pan fire at his home in south Edinburgh.
Fire crews rushed to a flat in Grange Loan after they received an emergency call just before 6.30pm yesterday.
Although the fire was extinguished on arrival, firefighters said they attended to a 56-year-old male who was suffering from smoke inhalation. He did not require hospital treatment.
Last month Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service warned residents of the dangers of chip pan fires following a pair of blazes in Edinburgh in less than four hours.
A fire service spokeswoman said: “Chip pans are a common cause of house fires.
“We recommend people switch to a deep fat fryer. If you must use a chip pan never leave it unattended and don’t fill more than a third full of oil.”