A MAN has been ordered to stand trial over allegations he took part in a robbery at a George Street jeweller.
Prosecution lawyers claim Elliot Jorgensen, 25, participated in an illegal raid at the Rox store last month.
Mr Jorgensen was remanded in custody after he appeared today in private for the second time in a week on a robbery charge at Edinburgh Sheriff Court.
He made no plea or declaration to the allegation at a hearing which was heard before Sheriff Derrick McIntyre.
Last week, Mr Jorgensen, of Greater Manchester, appeared in court with Lincoln Warmington, 26, on the charge. Mr Warmington was also remanded in custody.
However, Mr Warmington, also of Greater Manchester, did not appear today – a Crown Office spokesman said prosecutors had released him from custody.
The spokesman also added that investigations over Mr Warmington’s alleged role in the robbery are continuing.
The Crown Office spokesman said a third man who appeared in court earlier this week in connection with the alleged robbery will reappear on Tuesday.
Aldaire Warmington, 26, of Greater Manchester, was remanded in custody after making no plea or declaration before Sheriff Isabella McColl on January 28.