Man rescued from flat fire

Share this article
0
Have your say

A 77-YEAR-OLD man has been rescued from a fire at a sheltered housing complex.

Emergency crews were called to a ground-floor flat in the Leith area of Edinburgh at 11:40am yesterday.

A saucepan of food is said have been on fire in the kitchen. It was put out before firefighters arrived.

Crews using breathing apparatus vented the flat at Gordon Court in Gordon Street. The man, said to be suffering from smoke inhalation, was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.

Another man in his mid-40s also became a victim of smoke inhalation in a house fire at The Vennel, Linlithgow, at 10:30am.