DCSIMG

Health hazards of Christmas past

More than 10,000 revellers landed up in hospital on Christmas Day last year for conditions such as indigestion, food poisoning and, in one case, getting a Christmas cracker toy stuck in an ear.

Data taken from NHS feedback website Patient Opinion showed 10,379 people were admitted on 25 December 2011, with 73,550 waking up in hospital as part of ongoing care.

One person was admitted with a cracker toy stuck in an ear, nine people were admitted with severe indigestion, six with food poisoning and while a total of 22 people burned themselves.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news