A residential street was shut off by emergency services in Edinburgh after fears over the presence of cyanide.
Twelve families were evacuated from their homes on Easter Road after a 43-year-old man claimed that cyanide powder had been leaked.
Emergency vehicles sealed off the road after being alerted to the chemical hazard at around 11pm on Saturday.
However, tests carried out on the man’s first-floor flat detected no trace of the poison.
Emergency workers were reportedly wearing protective suits, with a makeshift tent set up in the middle of the road along with a decontamination unit.
Residents were returned to their homes at around 2am, according to the Daily Record.
Police confirmed the incident had taken place, but said there was no danger to the public.