DCSIMG

Blanc eaterie’s pink liver dish is banned

A RESTAURANT run by Michelin-starred chef Raymond Blanc has been banned from serving an undercooked liver dish which left two diners with potentially lethal food poisoning.

Blanc Brasserie in London’s Covent Garden has been forbidden from offering pink lamb’s liver after ignoring a warning from environmental health officers.

The food presented an “imminent risk of injury to health” because of the way it was cooked, Westminster Magistrates’ Court was told yesterday.

French-born Mr Blanc, 62, is a director of the company that owns the restaurant.

Westminster council’s food safety officers had received two complaints of food poisoning relating to the restaurant.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

EDINBURGH
FESTIVALS
2014

#WOWFEST

In partnership with

Complete coverage of the festivals. Guides. Reviews. Listings. Offers

Let's Go!

No Thanks