Glasgow nightclub drug victim named by police

Regane MacColl died after taking pill with a dragon on it. Picture: Facebook

Regane MacColl died after taking pill with a dragon on it. Picture: Facebook

0
Have your say

A TEENAGER who died after taking a pill while out clubbing has been named by police.

Regane MacColl, 17, fell ill at Glasgow nightspot The Arches after taking a red tablet with a dragon image on it on Saturday night.

There are fears over the content of the drug after four other young people were taken to hospital after taking what is thought to be the same “mortal kombat” pill.

A 19-year-old woman was admitted to Glasgow Royal Infirmary on Sunday and later discharged.

Two 18-year-old men and one man aged 26 received treatment at Crosshouse Hospital in Kilmarnock after being out on Friday.

One of the 18-year-olds was later transferred to Hairmyres Hospital in East Kilbride where he was in a serious but stable condition last night.

Regane, from Clydebank in West Dunbartonshire, was a pupil at the town’s St Peter the Apostle High School.

Headteacher Linda Booth said: “Our whole school community feels a deep sense of grief and our thoughts and prayers are with Regane’s family and friends at this devastating time.

“Regane was a popular, hardworking and enthusiastic pupil and staff always found her to be very pleasant and well mannered.

“This is a real tragedy for a girl who worked so hard and I’m sure she would have gone on to achieve so much in her life.

“We are doing everything that we can to support all of our young people and staff at this sad time.”

A post-mortem examination will be carried out.

A spokesman for The Arches said: “The Arches are deeply saddened by events that took place in the early hours of Sunday morning. First and foremost our sincere condolences go to the young woman’s family.”

Back to the top of the page