A YOUNG female has been reported to the Children’s Reporter following a blaze, caused by wilful fire-raising, at a sports centre in Aberdeen.
The emergency services were called to the Hilton Sports Centre in Mastrick at 6pm on Friday after a window which had been boarded up was set alight.
A spokesman for the Aberdeen Division of Police Scotland said the fire had led to a “substantial amount of damage” both within and outwith the property.
A force spokesman said today: “Following a wilful fire-raising incident at the Hilton Sports Centre on Friday a 15-year-old female youth has been reported to the Children’s Reporter.”
Mastrick Community Policing Inspector Iain McPhail said: “This was a reckless act and it is thanks to the members of the public who quickly alerted the Police and the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service so quickly that the fire did not have chance to spread and cause more damage.
“Following work by local officers and assistance from the local community a female has been reported in relation to this incident.”