Four treated in hospital after gas leak at Highland hotel

Four taken to hospital after gas leak at Carrbridge Hotel

Four taken to hospital after gas leak at Carrbridge Hotel

Share this article
0
Have your say

FOUR people are being treated in hospital after a carbon monoxide leak at Carrbridge Hotel.

Two men and two women were taken by ambulance to Raigmore Hospital in Inverness after the incident at the Carrbridge Hotel in the village of Carrbridge.

A total of 90 guests were evacuated from rooms after emergency services were alerted to a suspected gas leak shortly after 5am on Friday.

READ MORE: Barra named in top 10 scenic airport approaches in the world

A spokeswoman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: “It was a carbon monoxide leak.

“Crews rescued two people from one of the rooms and two further people were rescued prior to arrival.”

Police confirmed the casualties were two men and two women, who were suffering from the effects of exposure to suspected carbon monoxide.

Their condition is not thought to be life threatening and no other resident needed medical assistance.

READ MORE: Tower of London ceramic poppies to be shown in Orkney

A full investigation has been launched into the circumstances, involving the emergency services, Highland Council representatives and heating engineers.

Scotsman Food & Drink: ideas, inspiration and guides

Back to the top of the page