AROUND 30 firefighters have been battling a blaze in a pub.
Crews were called to The Kingfisher in Cumbernauld at around 1.10am this morning.
When they arrived they were met with a “well-established blaze with flames coming from the roof of the building”, the fire service said.
Extra resources, including a high reach appliance, were sent to the pub and crews in breathing apparatus entered the building to fight the flames from inside.
Police and fire officers are now investigating the cause of the blaze.
Meanwhile, fire officers in Edinburgh are warning about the dangers of leaving matches and lighters unattended after a child sparked a blaze by playing with a lighter in a bedroom.
Crews were called to Gowanbank in Livingston at around 8.30pm yesterday when a mattress was set alight.
No-one was injured but four people in the house were checked over by paramedics for smoke inhalation.