Elgin man taken to hospital after gas explosion

Picture: PA

Picture: PA

Share this article
0
Have your say

A man has been taken to hospital with burns following an explosion in his city home.

The emergency services were called to a blaze at a property in Abban Street, Elgin, at 8.38am.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: “Following attendance by the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, reports suggest that a minor gas explosion had occurred within the property.

“Paramedics attended to the male occupant of the address who has been taken to Raigmore Hospital. His condition is unknown at this time.”

Lochalsh Road, which closed while firefighters tackled the blaze, has been re-opened to road users and to pedestrians.

A joint police and fire investigation will be conducted into the matter.

FOLLOW US

Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Subscribe to our DAILY NEWSLETTER (requires registration)

SCOTSMAN TABLET AND MOBILE APPS

iPhone | iPad | Android | Kindle

Back to the top of the page