Edinburgh pensioner taken to hospital after fire

Firefighters attended the scene. Picture: TSPL

Firefighters attended the scene. Picture: TSPL

Share this article
0
Have your say

A WOMAN has been taken to hospital after a pan of food caught fire at her home in Edinburgh.

The fire service were called to an address on Loganlea Loan in Craigentinny in the east of the city at 11.50am, a spokeswoman for the service said.

Firefighters extinguished the fire and gave the woman oxygen before the ambulance crew arrived.

The woman, said to be in her 70s, was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, a spokeswoman for the fire service said.

Back to the top of the page