Children flee from blaze

0
Have your say

TWO children were forced to flee from a house after a blaze broke out in the kitchen.

The boy and girl, both aged nine, and a 24-year-old man escaped after a chip pan caught fire in the ground-floor of a two-storey property.

Crews raced to the scene in Loch Maree Way, in Whitburn, West Lothian, on Thursday night to tackle the blaze.

None of the three were seriously injured, although the man suffered slight smoke inhalation.

A spokeswoman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: “Thankfully a working smoke detector provided the vital early warning to the fire and we were able to get there quickly and stop the fire from spreading.

“Every household should have working smoke detectors and test them every week.”

Back to the top of the page