Child hospitalised after being electrocuted near railway

editorial image
Share this article

A child has been rushed to hospital after being electrocuted near a railway in North Lanarkshire.

The incident is believed to have happened on a bridge off Whitelees Road in Lanark.

Emergency services attending the scene around 8pm on Thursday evening rushed the child to Wishaw General Hospital.

The condition of the child is unclear.

A spokesperson from the Scottish Ambulance Service said: “We received an emergency call shortly after 8pm this evening to attend to a child who had been electrocuted.

“Two ambulances attended and the patient was taken to Wishaw General Hospital.”