Singer Tulisa Contostavlos has been charged in connection with the supply of Class A drugs.
The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) announced today that it had authorised the Metropolitan Police to charge the former X Factor judge with “being concerned in” the supply of drugs.
CPS London chief Crown prosecutor Baljit Ubhey said: “The Crown Prosecution Service has today authorised the Metropolitan Police Service to charge Tulisa Contostavlos, 25, with being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs
“This charge relates to an investigation by the Sun newspaper between early March 2013 and May 23 2013 which resulted in the supply of Class A drugs to an investigative journalist,”
“This decision to prosecute was taken in accordance with the code for Crown prosecutors.
“We have determined that there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction and that a prosecution is in the public interest.”
Contostavlos will be required to appear before Westminster Magistrates’ Court on December 19.
“This defendant is now the subject of criminal proceedings and has the right to a fair trial,” Mr Ubhey said.
“It is extremely important that nothing should be reported which could in any way prejudice these proceedings.”
Contostavlos was initially arrested in connection with the incident with 35-year-old musician Mike GLC on June 4.
She was officially dropped as a judge on X Factor days before her arrest, with Sharon Osborne returning to the show in her place.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said the singer had been charged alongside Michael Coombs, 35, of Enfield.