Jessie J tweets concern for slash attack victim
SINGER Jessie J has told of her shock after a man had his throat slashed in a bottle attack at a celebrity-packed party.
The Brit award-winner had been performing before the incident at the event hosted by smartphone company BlackBerry.
A 25-year-old man was being questioned by police yesterday.
Jessie J tweeted of her concern for the 37-year-old victim, who was in critical condition last night.
The singer said: “My thoughts are with the person who was seriously injured last night at the BlackBerry BBM party. So sad. I really hope they are OK.”
The victim is believed to have been attacked inside Pulse underground nightclub in Southwark, London, just after midnight. A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “It appears he was injured with a bottle. The man suffered a neck injury. He was taken by ambulance to an east London hospital where his condition is understood to be critical.
“One man has been arrested and remains in custody at a south London police station.”
The party was attended by journalists, celebrities, including rapper Wretch 32, and stars of The Only Way Is Essex and BlackBerry competition winners.
Hundreds of revellers were kept inside the club while police investigated the incident.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Edinburgh
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 3 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: West