Readers’ pictures of the week
A selection of pictures submitted by our readers.
• Form a queue there… sheep and their lambs file across a bridge over the River Borgie in Sutherland earlier this year in a photograph taken by Scone-based reader Peter Glover.
• Hillwalkers enjoy a clear, cold day at the weather station near the much-visited summit of Cairn Gorm, Britain’s sixth highest mountain at 4,084ft, in a photograph by Walter Baxter.
• Dr Dennis Connolly says he was ‘rewarded’ for braving blustery September showers during a trip to Melrose Abbey when he captured a rainbow.
• Autumn sun shines on walkers heading south on the West Highland Way from Inversnaid, as photographed by Rob Smallman from Dunblane.
• Jim Hunter was enthralled to witness an amazing display of the Aurora Borealis from his garden in Humbie, East Lothian, at 2am.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your picture considered for inclusion on this page and in The Scotsman.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Edinburgh
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 7 mph
Wind direction: North