PARIS Hilton wows the world as she makes her DJ debut in Brazil, former lover of Harry Styles is chased off Twitter, Sporty Spice reveals her tattoo regrets and Pete Doherty pulls out of TITP
• They say that anyone can DJ these days, and so it seems that Paris Hilton took this maxim as an invitation to appear at a festival in Brazil dressed like a butler serving canapes at the Thunderdome. Safe to say her DJ debut was terrible, but once you stop laughing/crying at this culture car crash, spare a thought for the tech guy, whose glittering moment in the spotlight involved emerging from beneath Hilton (shudder) to turn down the volume.
• A former lover of One Direction mop Harry Styles has been forced to close her Twitter account after receiving a torrent of considered, rational critique of her relationship with the 18-year-old boyband member. Ha, only kidding. Excerpts tweeted to radio presenter Lucy Horobin include: “i can’t believe you sleeping with a 17-year-old you b**** you have made me cry”; “i hope your marriage rots in hell, DIRTY PAEDOPHILE!!!!!!x”.
• Singer and courthouse aficionado Pete Doherty has pulled out of an appearance at T in the Park after flying to Thailand to deal with “pressing medical issues”. Yes, yet another stint of rehab for Doherty, but it’s one he would do well to stick to - anyone caught using drugs in Thailand will be marched to the Bangkok Hilton faster than you can say “The Libertines are getting back together, I swears guv!”
• The Only Way is Essex reality TV mannequin Lucy Mecklenburgh launched the world’s first cashback boutique today. Passers-by were invited to shop to earn cashback at pop-up store Quidco in London’s Rathbone Place, where money was seen hung from clothes, shop dummies and other fixtures. Mecklenburgh was on hand to assist shoppers in the store by posing with money and shopping bags in what will go down as the year’s most tasteful ode to fiscal stimulus. You couldn’t pay us to go.
• Sporty Spice Melanie Chisholm has come out to say that the Spice Girls are definitely good mates, OK!? On the eve of a ‘Spice Girls musical’ (just breathe that one in for a second), the 38-year-old told Good Housekeeping magazine that there were no rifts within the group, at all. Phew. She also spoke of regretting the 11 tattoos on her body, and insisted she would discourage her daughter Scarlet from following in her inky footsteps.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Edinburgh
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: South