There’s a lot more going on outside Scotland’s two largest cities this Hogmanay. Find out what’s on across Scotland.
• The Aberdeen Music Hall hosts the Hogmanay Concert, which promises “laughter, music and song”. Robert Lovie will play MC for the evening, joined by fiddle master Paul Anderson and singer Shona Donaldson.
• Rock N Roll Hogmanay, with By Hook or By Krook. Covers band By Hook or By Krook play The Lemon Tree as they bring in the bells with thunder.
• There will also be a fireworks display at His Majesty’s Theatre
• Big Country headline the Red Hot Highland Fling, supported by The Treacherous Orchestra, Skerryvore and the Whisky River Band.
Royal Northern Meeting Park. Details here
• The Proclaimers will be performing at the Esplanade at Stirling Castle.
• The Stonehaven Fireball Festival is a free event which sees a parade of daring fire-handlers perform a dazzling array of movements whichgive a warm glow against the night sky. More information here