A SELECTION of photos taken from across Scotland by our readers, featuring dramatic sunsets in Edinburgh, Highland castles, and the Fife coastline.
• William Alexander from Bellanoch photographed the bridge beside the glassy loch near Inveraray Castle in the autumn Argyll sun
• Dale May’s photograph, taken from the General Register House on Edinburgh’s Princes Street, shows the Balmoral Hotel in all its splendour
• Gary Ritchie from Paisley was standing in a puddle when he took his photograph of Old Inverlochy Castle, just outside Fort William, with Ben Nevis in the background
• Ian Taylor captured a magnificent sunset over the Lothians
• Ian McCracken snapped Seafield Tower, a ruined castle dating from the 16th century, in Kirkcaldy, on the coastal path to Kinghorn with Inchkeith island in the background