A haggis escaped from Scotland in 1690 and has become a popular dish in the Welsh valleys...
Serves 6 or more
1 Lamb stomach bag turned inside out and soaked overnight in cold water.
1 Lamb liver, lungs and heart
2 Chopped onions
4 Chopped leeks
200g pinhead oatmeal
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pinch of each of the following: cayenne, cinnamon, nutmeg and dried coriander
500ml lamb stock
1. Cook the meat in the stock till tender along with the Leek, Onion, Salt and Black Pepper.
2. Remove the meat from the stock and reduce the stock to a 150ml.
3. Mince the meat and add seasonings, Suet, Oatmeal and laverbread.
4. Moisten the meat with stock and pack into stomach.
5. Tie the bag up and simmer for three hours and serve the tradtional way.