What matters to me: Jing Lusi, actor
Jing Lusi stars as Tara Lo in Holby City, BBC1, Tuesdays, times vary.
• Who would attend your fantasy dinner party and what would you eat? Adele, Ricky Gervais, Paulo Coelho, Jackie Chan and Kate Moss. I do a pretty good beef Wellington and, as this is a fantasy, we would also indulge in the most sinful chocolate fudge cake.
• Whom did you last text and what was the message? I was arranging to visit my friend, who lives in the country.
• It’s not cool but... I can’t parallel park.
• What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? There’s a proverb in Chinese, that loses its gleam in translation, but it means “move a tree, it dies; move a person, it lives”. My dad told me that a long time ago and it’s always stuck. We are all so afraid of change, but actually it brings out the best in us.
• What’s the worst job you ever had? Selling vacuum cleaners in people’s homes. I was permanently covered in dust and lugging around a machine that weighed more than me.
• Who is your favourite fictional character? She-Ra.
• What are you afraid of? Spiders and really big moths.
• Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it and why? None of my friends ever call me Jing. It’s always some variation – Jingle, Jing-a-Ling, or Jingle Bells.
• What situations make you lose your temper? Unreasonableness, ignorance, and parallel parking.
• If you could choose a profession to try, what would that be? Why? I’m quite obsessed with food, so I’d be a chef, food critic, restaurant owner or professional eater.
• What food or drink is always in your fridge? Soya or almond milk. Cow juice makes me gag.
• If you could change something about yourself, what would it be? To have more patience.
• If you could travel in time, where would you go? To London, just before the Industrial Revolution. It would be amazing to see what life was like before everything changed forever.
• Saturday night or Sunday morning? Sunday morning, definitely.
• Who or what is the love of your life? My parents. Their support and wisdom have made me who I am today.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Edinburgh
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 12 C to 20 C
Wind Speed: 8 mph
Wind direction: East