■ Friday, 6pm Check in at the Parador de San Francisco (www.parador.es) from around £190 for a double), an opulent hotel in a 15th-century convent building.
• Friday, 6pm Check in at the Parador de San Francisco (www.parador.es) from around £190 for a double), an opulent hotel in a 15th-century convent building.
• 8pm Head for the Plaza Nueva and dinner on the city’s main square. The Bodegas Castaneda (Calle Almericeros 1 tel: 00 34 958 21 54 64) is favoured by the locals, with manzanilla to drink and dishes such as dried cod with snails and green beans.
• Saturday, 9am Explore the Alhambra, a unique blend of Moorish and Hispanic splendour.
• 1pm Lunch by the river at Rabo de Nube (www.raboderubegranada.com). The gazpacho is a must, but there are plenty of Andalusian dishes to choose from.
• 3pm Walk up to the Albaicin quarter, wander through the old streets for a while, then take in the view of the Alhambra from the Mirador de San Nicolas.
• 6pm Sundowners at Bar Kiki (Plaza de San Nicolas 9), on the Albaicin’s main square.
• 8pm Dinner at Mirador de Morayma (www.miradordemorayma.com). The tasting menu lets you sample the best of Andalucia.
• Sunday, 9am Head out of town to the Casa-Museo Federico Garcia Lorca (www.museogracialorca.org).
• 3pm Visit the cathedral and its spectacular Capilla Real (Royal Chapel) where the Reyes Catolicas Ferdinand and Isabella, are entombed.
• 7pm Relax with a pre-dinner drink on the Parador’s terrace, then dine early.
• 9:15pm An evening of flamenco is the mandatory climax to your visit. Tablao Flamenco Albayzin (www.flamencoalbayzin.com) is noted for thrilling, authentic performances.
• Monday, 9am Check out for the drive to Malaga Airport.
THE FACTS Jet2 (www.jet2.com) flies to Malaga from Edinburgh and Glasgow from March, with return fares around £150. Granada is about 90 minutes by car from the airport, www.granadatur.com
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Edinburgh
Monday 20 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 20 C
Wind Speed: 7 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west