TUESDAY, 3am Arrive at Basri Apartments self-catering accommodation (www.travelrepublic.co.uk), only five minutes’ walk from the seafront.
• 10am Wander down to the beach and spend a couple of hours on a sunbed (free) soaking up the spring sunshine.
• Noon Linger over a lunch of local speciality chicken kavurma at the Sultan Restaurant (£10).
• 3pm Go for a relaxing Turkish bath (£8).
• 5pm Visit the nearby village of Ortakent and admire the distinctive 17th-century Tower Houses that were built for defensive purposes.
• 8pm Round off the day with spiced lamb kebab at the Vona restaurant on the seafront (£11).
• Wednesday, 10am Take a boat trip on a Turkish gulet or motor yacht (£13 per person) and visit some beautiful bays for snorkelling in crystal clear waters.
• 1pm Stop off at Camel Beach where the children can experience a short camel ride (£3).
• 5pm Take one of the regular mini buses to the main town of Bodrum 7km away and browse the shops. There’s plenty of fake designer gear to choose from at knock-down prices, if that’s your thing.
• 9pm Return to Bitez and head to the Magnaura restaurant and order tender marble steak (£12).
• 11pm Engage in an impromptu Turkish dance with the owner of the Magnaura restaurant.
Jet 2 (www.jet2.com) fly direct to Bodrum from Glasgow; flights start from £80.50 in May. A whole host of activities is available from Bitez including fast catamaran trips to the Greek isle of Kos (£15), jeep safaris (£28), rafting (£55), and trips to Ephesus and Pamukkale (£54).
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Edinburgh
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: South west