A SELECTION of pictures submitted by our readers in the past week to The Scotsman picture desk.
• Reader David Reynolds from Edinburgh took this photograph in Glenmore Forest Park in the Cairngorms at Aviemore, capturing the rush and tumble of a Highland river
• Jonathan Nisbet, of North Berwick, describes himself as a keen amateur photographer, however his image looking out to the Bass Rock is nothing less than professional
• Ancient and modern Kirkcaldy share the same frame in Sandy Cook’s photograph: Ravenscraig Castle, built in the 1460s, and a residential block, constructed in the 1960s
• This beautiful photograph of the old pier near the Royal Yacht Britannia in Leith, with Western Harbour on the horizon, was taken by Rod Hanchard-Goodwin.
• Scotsman reader Douglas Fiddes sent in this photograph of the Cleared Coast on Skye