A selection of pictures submitted by to the Scotsman picture desk by our readers in the past week.
• This shepherd-delighting sunset over Bowden in the Borders was captured by Ian MacIntosh
• Hector Christie took this picture on the seafront at Montrose
• Craig Coventry took this photograph of Fidra in the Firth of Forth from Yellowcraig beach in East Lothian
• Muirfield golf course in East Lothian is bathed in a golden glow in this image captured by Steve McLennan on a winter’s afternoon in mid-January
• Dunfermline-based Gerard Lafferty’s photograph across Loch Fyne of Aray Bridge, with Dun na Cuaiche beyond, was taken from Inveraray in early December on a crisp, clear day
• This photograph taken by reader Bill Clark of his hometown, Crieff in Perthshire, last Saturday amply portrays the vagaries of the weather, in a week where rain has drenched most parts.