A selection of pictures submitted by to the Scotsman picture desk by our readers in the past week.
• Thu 31 Jan: The 1826 footbridge over the Tweed between Melrose and Gattonside, as snapped by Dr Dennis Connolly, carries a warning of a £2 fine or jail if more than eight people use it at one time
• Wed 30 Jan: Edinburgh-based reader Tor Södergren took this image of a glowing street light against the backdrop of the hills around Peebles, a clear indication that the days are growing longer
• Tue 29 Jan: Keith Barker-Smith took this photograph of a freezing statue of Andrew Carnegie in Pittencrieff Park in Dunfermline
• Mon 28 Jan: Alastair Philipson caught a hardy cyclist heading home to Kinross along the frozen shore of Loch Leven during the recent winter snap
• Sat 26 Jan: Tom McInally took this picture of the 2,528-metre-long Forth Bridge on an unusually sunny day
• Fri 25 Jan: Curtis Welsh took this picture of the Cuillins from Elgol and Loch Scavaig on Skye just after a heavy rain had passed over
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your picture considered for inclusion on this page and in The Scotsman.