A SELECTION of photographs taken from across the country by our readers, including the Kelpies sculpture set against a spectacularly lit sky.
• Sculptor Andy Scott’s Kelpies, a near-100ft high tribute to Scotland’s working horses inspired by Gaelic myth, was photographed amid fireworks by Falkirk-based reader Roy Henderson
• Reader Guy Gumm’s photograph shows Cramond island in the distance, along the causeway which connects it to the foreshore, near where the River Almond enters the Firth of Forth
• Gordon Russell from Peebles captured this image of a hot hair balloon above his neighbours’ houses. It soon gained a less worrying altitude.
• John Ireland sent in this colourful image of the war memorial and gardens in Monifeith, Angus
• Andrew Macdonald from Ancrum in the Borders took this stunning photograph of the fabulously named Fatlips Castle at sunrise