IT’S that time of year when the dark nights and moods of the winter months start to lift and when optimism and green shoots start to dot the landscape.
To celebrate the end of winter and the oncoming of spring we’ve put together a gallery from around the country of five pictures which best capture the changing of the seasons.
• Gary Ritchie from Paisley captured greenery emerging from a field on the Neilston pad near Glasgow while out walking with his daughter.
• Bill Blair photographed subtle tints of sunlight while visiting Edinburgh’s Royal Botanic Garden.
• John Macphail took a picture of Anstruther at its finest basking in the spring sunshine
• Alex Anderson captured a rainbow breaking through the mist near Loch Arkaig in Fort William
• Alistair McPherson took a picture of two otters, one eating a crab that he was not too keen to share, while waiting for a ferry at Fishnish on Mull.
To send in your scenic pictures of Scotland for publication in print and online email email@example.com